Why Should You Eat Protein Smoothies
- Smoothies can be a great way to get in more protein! This peanut butter smoothie recipe is full of healthy plant based protein .
- Adequate protein is important for repairing muscles after a hard workout and is also great for weight loss, as protein helps you feel more satisfied!
- Tip: Choose a quality protein powder. I personally love Nuzest because it is not only vegan but is a high quality, clean protein powder that doesnt contain any additives or fillers.
Chocolate Keto Meal Replacement Shake
The final entry on our list of keto recipes is another chocolate-centered option. This low-carb drink is a sweet and simple treat.
Its one of the most filling options and the perfect keto meal replacement shake for those who arent worried about weight loss/muscle gain.
Its does not have too much protein, but its high in fats, has low carbs, and has good calories. Itll keep you full for hours while helping you maintain a keto diet.
Plus, its just really delicious and a real treat at the start of the day. But, of course, since its a meal replacement shake, you can have it any other time of the day too.
Here are the ingredients youll need for this shake recipe. It uses noticeably more ingredients than the other options listed. But, its still straightforward and easy to make, so theres no need to worry. Youll need:
- 5 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
Nutritional Value: Calories: 453, Total Fats: 42g, Total Carbs, 6.9, Protein 8.8
Read this guide to see more homemade meal replacement shake recipes.
Should You Drink Protein Before Or After A Workout
Having a healthy balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fats in your diet is key. And if you do a strenuous workout, you’ll want to make sure you have enough protein afterward, too.
“If you are considering a protein shake before a workout, try to do so a couple hours before beginning any activity. Consuming protein right before a workout may cause some stomach discomfort because it can slow down digestion,” Hinckley says. “If you are working out within 30 minutes to an hour, choose a carbohydrate-rich snack, such as a banana or crackers. Protein shakes are a great option to refuel your body post-workout to help ensure muscle recovery.”
Here are some of the best protein shake recipes out there to fuel you after a workout and keep your body running strong.
You May Like: How Many Calories In Vodka Soda
Low Carb Keto Protein Shake For Weight Loss Healthy
Without carbohydrates, sandwiches arent available either, and also if theres one thing fans of these diet plans miss the most, its got to be bread. Fortunately, enterprising food-lovers complying with a keto diet plan have figured out a work-around. Its called 90 2nd Keto Bread as well as its appearing around the internet. Think of it like a mug cake variation of a biscuit that takes place to look a lot like an English muffin.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
– Last updated: May 10, 2022
Low Carb Peanut Butter Smoothie is the perfect quick and easy breakfast or a great way to refuel after a hard workout.
This easy to make smoothie is packed with protein and has a delicious, creamy flavor that will keep you feeling full and satisfied. This peanut butter smoothie is vegan, dairy free and taste like a decadent milkshake!
Don’t Miss: How Many Calories In Snickers Bar
Keto Chocolate Shake Recipe
The ultimate treat for a true chocolate loverthis keto chocolate shake is BURSTING with chocolaty goodness! Honestly, Im not even a chocolate lover and I sincerely enjoyed this. Made with cocoa powder, extra dark chocolate, and heavy cream, this has a rich, satisfying flavor and an irresistible creaminess. And, only 6.8g net carbs! I added melted coconut oil to this chocolate keto shake for added fat, but feel free to omit if preferred.
Are There Any Side Effects To Drinking Keto Shakes
A keto shake itself doesnt have any specific side effects. However, meal replacements and ketosis have many side effects, which can be applied to keto shakes.
For example, ketosis might cause cramps for some people. While its beneficial for those suffering from obesity or diabetes, it can cause digestive issues or sickness in some people. You might encounter these on a diet, but they wont be a direct result of the keto shake.
Like protein powder, meal shakes have side effects if you drink them too often. This includes a lack of variety in nutrition and not getting enough calories. Like drinking too much protein powder, too many keto shakes might also make you consume too many of one specific nutrient.
These can lead to fatigue, nausea, weakness, and even certain illnesses. Other side effects of these drinks depend entirely on the ingredients inside them. For example, something with too much added sugar or artificial sweeteners will lead to problems too.
So, to answer the question, there are certain side effects you might encounter while drinking keto meal replacements. But, these are usually only a result of lousy ketosis management and too many shakes in a single day.
As long as you follow the ketogenic diet correctly and have only 2 meal replacements a day, youll be fine.
Lastly, another vital thing to remember is that the ingredients must all be healthy and safe for you. That way, youll avoid allergies or other significant issues during consumption.
Recommended Reading: Printable List Of Good Carbs For Diabetics
Whats In This Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe
- Avocado peeled and pitted. I like using Hass avocados as theyre more flavorful. Avocados are such a great addition as they are high in healthy fats, fibre, full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Spinach be sure to wash the smoothies beforehand, even if theyre advertised as pre-washed. Do not skip this ingredient if you want that boost in nutrients and fiber. Spinach is full of antioxidants as well as vitamins. Spinach is full of antioxidants as well as vitamins and nutrients as well.
- Unsweetened coconut milk or coconut water I think this are the two best liquids to use in a green smoothie recipe.
- Sugar-free vanilla protein powder check out the recipe card down below for a link to my favourite one.
- Peanut butter powder I really love and highly recommend PB2. You can also add some flaxseed if you have it on hand.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice I dont recommend using bottled lemon juice as there are preservatives.
- Optional berries Since berries are lower in carbs, add some freeze or fresh strawberry or blueberries if you prefer.
- Top your smoothie with fresh mint and some blueberries.
Options For Making Your Perfect Smoothie
I love this smoothie exactly as its written in the recipe, but everyone has different tastes! Here are a few substitutions to keep in mind as you create your perfect smoothie.
First, if you want your smoothie to be sweeter, you can add a little Stevia . Blueberries can vary in sweetness, so I would recommend tasting the smoothie and then adding sweetener if necessary.
For a more filling smoothie that has a bit more texture to it, you can add flax seeds or chia seeds. These will increase the fat and calorie content, so theyre great if youre whipping this up for breakfast or lunch and want it to keep you full for a few hours.
The coconut milk makes this smoothie incredibly rich, but if you really want to go all-out on the creaminess, blend in half of a banana. This is a classic ingredient for adding texture, healthy fibers, and richness to something like a smoothie.
On the other hand, if you arent strictly vegan, you could replace the almond milk with Greek yogurt to increase the creaminess as well. Greek yogurt can also be used in place of the coconut milk to reduce the calories and fat in the smoothie.
There are so many great options available, so dont be afraid to experiment until you find YOUR perfect blueberry smoothie!
Also Check: How Many Carbs In Papaya
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Calling all the peanut butter lovers! You will love this keto protein shake recipe as a breakfast on the go, sweet keto snack, or post-workout drink.
This recipe uses one secret ingredient that makes it frothy, creamy, and super nutritious. Can you guess it? Nope, its not heavy whipping cream, coconut cream, or chia seeds. The answer is raw eggs! Definitely one of the best keto smoothies!
Per Serving: Calories: 666 kcal | Fats: 50.8 g | Protein: 44.6 g | Net Carbs: 7.1 g.
The Best Sources Of Fat
The easiest ones here for me are various nut butter. Not only do they make the protein drinks thicker and tastier, but they’re an easy way to add some fat to your diet. Here are a few options to consider.
- All types of nut butter such as almond butter, and peanut butter
- Avocado. This is actually a very creamy addition to your shake. I know we think of Avocado as savory in the United States, but I’ve had some amazing sweet avocado shakes in Vietnam, and I highly recommend this.
- Straight up butter, MCT oil, or coconut oil. I’ve not had the best luck with butter and coconut oil as they tend to clump in a cold shake, but MCT oil in small quantities works well for me.
- Whole nuts. If you don’t want to worry about the added sugar and salt in store-bought nut butter, just had nuts directly into your healthy smoothie recipe or protein shake and let the blender do the job for you.
Also Check: How Many Carbs Is In Honey
Slow Carb Diet : Best Protein Smoothie
Ive been playing around with high protein smoothies in an attempt to get a mix of low carb, low sugar ingredients that will allow the smoothie to do three things: taste good, be compliant with a low carb diet, and keep energy levels high until lunch. The recipe below does all three!
Why A Keto Protein Shake
Protein is essential for muscle and tissue growth, repair, and maintenance. It can even aid in weight loss by helping you feel full for hours until your next meal.
Protein smoothies can offer anywhere from 10 to 30 grams of protein in an easy-to-drink package, which is especially important when youre on the go. Theyre also a great substitute if you simply dont feel like eating meat or eggs at every meal.
Browse our curated collection of fan-favorites and discover your new favorite snack or supplement.
But protein content isnt the only thing to think about when youre drinking your calories. Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- Your source of protein. Whey protein especially grass-fed whey protein isolate is the most bioavailable form of protein powder. If youre allergic or sensitive to whey, use a beef protein isolate. The most important thing when it comes to protein shakes is bioavailability. This means you want your body to be able to break down and absorb as many amino acids from protein as possible.
- Sugar and carbs are sneaky. Even low-sugar fruits like blueberries can increase the carb count, so be cautious of fruit in your protein shakes.
- Inflammatory ingredients. Ingredients like peanut butter, fillers, and so-called natural flavors may not increase carbs in your low-carb smoothies, but they might promote inflammation and may kick you out of ketosis.
- Healthy fats. Make sure youre adding healthy fats like coconut oil and avocado.
You May Like: What Is The Recommended Daily Calorie Intake
Can I Prep This Smoothie Ahead Of Time
The best way to prepare this smoothie ahead is to place everything in the blender except the ice the night prior. In the morning, add the ice and blend.
If you want to get fancy with it, feel free to drizzle with a little melted peanut butter and chocolate shavings before serving.
Your straw is waiting.
Low Carb Protein Shake Variations
- Swap out the fruit. Were using berries here for a low carb protein smoothie, but if thats less important, feel free to swap some or all of them for a different keto fruit. Youll need 6 cups no matter what type you choose.
- Swap out the milk. Were using canned coconut milk to make the smoothie nice and thick, but you could also use heavy cream, almond milk, or even hemp milk.
- Add nut butter. This is great for an extra thick smoothie and a bit more protein, too. Try almond butter, peanut butter, or for a nut-free option, sunflower seed butter.
- Add seeds. Chia seeds or flax seeds add omega 3s and can thicken the smoothie more, or you can sprinkle them on top.
- Add yogurt. A great way to add probiotics and even more protein, plus it ups the tart flavor. I like to make my own sugar-free yogurt.
- Add chocolate. If you want a chocolate protein smoothie, you can swap some of the unsweetened cocoa powder in my chocolate peanut butter smoothie recipe with unsweetened chocolate protein powder.
- Add avocado. Its a great boost of healthy fats, and you wont even taste it in a smoothie. Plus, it thickens as well.
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories Are In Bacon
Keto Shake Recipes With Almond Milk
Using the basic keto shake recipe outlined above, you can make your own high fat low carb shakes in whatever flavors you enjoy! Below, Ive shared 3 classics: a Keto Chocolate Shake, a Keto Peanut Butter Protein Shake, and a Keto Strawberry Shake. Check out my 8 Keto Smoothie Recipes or my Mocha Keto Coffee Shake for even more tasty ideas!
Keto Smoothie Recipes 23 Low Carb Protein Shakes You Ll
Best Low Carb Protein Shake Recipes For Weight Loss from Keto Smoothie Recipes 23 Low Carb Protein Shakes You ll. Source Image: wordtoyourmotherblog.com. Visit this site for details: wordtoyourmotherblog.com
A low-carb diet regimen can supply many health benefits, but you might struggle to find up with meal suggestions that fit your active schedule.Even if youre not the most imaginative person in the kitchen and also only have a couple of ingredients available, its simple to make delicious, low-carb dishes that need less than 10 minutes of prep time.All the meals are weight-loss-friendly and low-carb.
You May Like: High Protein Low Carbs Meals
Creamy Avocado Keto Shake
Avocadoes can be extremely creamy.
This fruit is loaded with essential fatty acids and vitamins and makes an excellent fit in your keto diet plan.
Lets take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make Avocado keto shake
- Coconut Milk 150 ML
To make Creamy Avocado low carb keto shake follow these 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Put all the above ingredients in a blender
Step 2: Blend it thoroughly
Step 3: If you like it cold then add some ice cubes to it
And there you go, you have a typical low carb keto shake ready.
Low carb peanut butter Keto shake
We all keep hearing how beneficial peanut butter is and traditionally its consumed by spreading it on brown bread.
Did you know you can also make an excellent smoothie that not only helps you lose weight but gives you much stronger bones?
Lets takes a quick look Ingredients needed to make this high protein low carb shake are
- Coconut Milk 50 ML
- Ice cubes Few Ice cubes
- Stevia / Sugar free As per taste
- One teaspoon cheese
Once you have the above ingredients ready, follow these 3 simple steps to make your low carb shake for weight loss.
Step 1: Put the Ice, Cow Milk and Coconut milk in the blender followed by Peanut butter, Stevia extracts and Cheese
Step 2: Blend it thoroughly
Step 3: Drink this high protein shake for breakfast or replacing high calorie meals.
Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake
Your morning just got way more refreshing with this yummy drink. The mint sprig and peppermint extract give a natural burst of coolness to the unsweetened cocoa powder. Plus, the coconut milk makes a fresh base for the drink. A quick breakfast or high protein snack thats sure to delight!
Per Serving: Calories: 180 kcal | Fats: 11 g | Protein: 12 g | Net Carbs: 3 g.
Recommended Reading: Low Carb Drinks With Vodka
Low Carb Chocolate Almond Protein Shake Plus 9 More Keto
This recipe is so easy, you can have it prepped and also all set to cook in under 15 minutes, thats right I claimed 15 minutes. I enjoy a quick and easy recipes on these hectic college evenings. The best part concerning this recipe is the only cleanup you will certainly have is one bowl as well as a spoon. Sounds like a winner to me. That is songs to my ears.
Best Low Carb Protein Shake Recipes For Weight Loss from Pin on COFFEE. Source Image: . Visit this site for details:
Low Carb Protein Shakes For Weight Loss Recipes
If your normal weekday includes job, workout, socializing, as well as a little bit of leisure, theres very little time leftover to cook a healthy dinner. If you can set aside a hr maximum, you can have a balanced meal on the table for you and a good friend or for remaining lunches all week. Right here are low-carb suppers so good, you just could throw those distribution food selections completely.
Read Also: Low Carb Vs Low Fat Diet