Reduces The Risk Of Protein Deficiency
While true primary protein deficiency is not common in the U.S., it is the leading cause of death among children under the age of 5 worldwide. Trauma, surgery, eating disorders, and certain medical conditions can also lead to secondary protein deficiency. Consuming proteineven with the added fat in fried chicken tenderscan provide the much-needed macronutrient to these populations.
Looking For More Great Air Fryer Or Chicken Recipes
- I’ve put together a list of the 21 Best Keto Air Fryer Main Dishes for you to try out. There’s something for everybody on this list!
- Did you know you can make a burger in the air fryer? My Air Fryer Montreal Steak Burgers are fantastically juicy, and flavorful!
- If you aren’t trying to keep things low carb, check out my delightfully crispy Air Fried Breaded Chicken Wings!
- The air fryer doesn’t just do savory! These Fruit Hand Pies are absolutely to die for and they’re crazy easy to make in your air fryer!
- Caldo de Pollo – A family favorite that’s easy to make!
- Butter Chicken – How I got my nickname .
- Philly Cheesesteak – Made simple in the air fryer.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup– quick, easy, and flavorful.
So the next time you get a craving for some fried chicken put that deep fryer away and make some of these Keto Chicken Tenders! Make sure to leave a comment if you enjoyed this recipe!
Storage And Food Safety
The way you properly store and handle fried chicken tenders depends on where you buy them. If you buy fast food tenders, you’ll likely consume them at the restaurant. If you save them for later, they should be refrigerated and consumed within three to four days.
If you buy frozen chicken tenders to make at home, they will stay fresh for one to three months when sealed in an air-tight container and kept in the freezer. Most brands will also include a “best by” date that you can use for guidance.
If you make fried chicken tenders at home, you should follow safe food handling practices as raw chicken can harbor bacteria, such as salmonella. You should never wash or rinse raw chicken , and always thoroughly clean hands, utensils, and surfaces after handling raw chicken. Cook chicken to at least 165 degrees to kill bacteria.
Uncooked chicken should be kept in the refrigerator, where it will stay fresh for one to two days. If you don’t plan to use it right away, store raw poultry in the freezer for up to nine months.
Don’t Miss: Calories In Shot Of Bourbon
Is Fried Food Ok On A Keto Diet
I don’t think a diet heavy in fried foods is considered healthy on any diet. Vegetable oils are inflammatory. Animal fats used in frying can increase calories dramatically. But of course, the biggest culprit for most fried foods is the breading.
Combing processed carbs like flour and breadcrumbs with oil is about the worst combination for your body anyway.
So can you eat fried foods? Yes, you could if you don’t use traditional breading and vegetable oils.
Should you? Occasionally, maybe, but keto is not carte blanche to start frying up your frozen butter.
If you’re on the run and absolutely have to grab Keto Fast Food, here are a few options to make it as healthy as possible.
An air fryer also helps keep your food healthier by minimizing the amount of oil that it takes to get the food crispy. And the less oil the food absorbs, the fewer calories you consume.
Can You Stack Chicken Tenders In An Air Fryer
Yes and no. A slight overlap won’t hurt anything. A stack 2 deep may be okay, though not optimal.
But you will definitely have to toss and turn the tenders a lot more than if you had not stacked.
It will also take a lot longer to cook a double stack and I find that they cook unevenly.
The fact is you’re better off cooking in two quick batches and getting even cooking, vs cooking for twice as long, having to toss and turn and potentially shredding the breading straight off, and having them cook unevenly.
You May Like: How Many Carbs In Green Peppers
How Long To Bake Chicken Tenders
If you choose to use the oven method the chicken tenders need to cook at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. One thing to note is that the cooking time will depend on how thick you cut your chicken.
I prefer to make smaller, thinner tenders so they are perfectly crunchy. If you make thicker tenders you will need to increase the cooking time a few minutes.
Can You Reheat Chicken Tenders In An Air Fryer
Yes! The air fryer is fantastic for reheating food. So much better than the microwave, especially for things that you want to get toasty.
I usually do 350F for about five or six minutes and then check to see if it has heated through.
My air fryer definitely gets some use every day for reheating. I find it works much better for smaller pieces of things.
Reheating a massive pan of lasagna is probably faster in the microwave. But a slice of lasagna gets nice and toasty on top in an air fryer and heats quickly.
Recommended Reading: Foods On Low Carb Diet
Calorie Details For Fried Breaded Chicken Tenders
Video taken from the channel: Spice Eats
* ½ cup crushed plain potato chips.* Some extra crushed potato chips for sprinkling.1) Preheat oven to 350F.2) Add softened butter and sugars to bowl. Beat together by hand or with a hand mixer until soft and light..3) Add the egg to the creamed butter and sugar and mix together until combined..4) Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until fully combined..5) Finally, add chocolate chips and crushed potato chips and mix until they are evenly dispersed throughout..6) Form cookie dough balls and spread evenly on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet..7) Sprinkle roughly crushed potato chips on top of the cookies before baking.8) Put the cookies in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350F..9) Remove to cool and enjoy!
Video taken from the channel: Mythical Kitchen
FOR BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY: Disclosure: Some of the links listed above are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Video taken from the channel: bellajannette
Hi Guys, today Ill show you How to Make Extra Crispy Chicken Tenders Restaurant Style. RECIPE: https://anitacooks.com/recipe/extra-crispy-chicken-tenders/.This is the closest you will get to a fast food type chicken tenders recipe. Try this and let me know what you think. Subscribe and Ill see you next time. Thanks for watching
Video taken from the channel: AnitaCooks
Video taken from the channel: Remington James
Can I Freeze Chicken Tenders
If you plan on keeping your Chicken Tenders for longer than a few days, theyâre perfectly suitable for freezing. Wait until the tenders are cooled before placing them into freezer bags.
Donât fully close the bags an airtight environment can lead to condensation that will make your lovely crispy Chicken Tenders go soggy.
You May Like: How Many Carbs In Cauliflower Pizza
What If You Don’t Have An Air Fryer
If you don’t own an air fryer yet, I HIGHLY recommend that you pick one up! This GoWISE air fryer is a great air fryer and it comes with most of the accessories you’ll want to use.
If it’s not in your budget to grab a new air fryer, check out my instructions to make these Keto Chicken Tenders in the oven below.
Fried Chicken Tenders Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits
Fried chicken tenders are commonly found on fast-food menus or in the frozen food section of the grocery store. Sometimes called chicken strips or chicken nuggets, they may be prepared with boneless chicken breast, rib meat, or with other parts of the chicken. In most, cases the tenders are breaded with seasoning before being fried.
While different parts of chicken provide nutrients and can be part of a healthy diet, fried foods usually provide high amounts of fat and sodium. If you choose fried chicken tenders for a meal or snack, it may be smart to keep portion size in mind.
Don’t Miss: Foods High In Calories And Protein
Tips For Making Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders
These almond flour Chicken Tenders are low in carbs, diabetic friendly and naturally gluten-free, making them a great option to suit a variety of dietary needs at gatherings or dinner parties! Here are a few tips and tricks to make sure they come out perfect every time:
- Do not overcrowd your pan. Make sure you use a large enough pan that the tenders do not touch. This ensures the tenders will get perfectly crispy.
- Bread the tenders evenly. Dont be afraid to use your hands to bread the chicken. Sometimes using utensils it can be difficult to create a solid breading. Make sure the chicken is evenly covered all over.
How To Make Keto Chicken Tenders
Making chicken tenders is a pretty simple process. You simply need to slice your chicken into thin strips. Dip the chicken breast into an egg and mayo mixture, then dredge in a keto friendly coating of almond flour, parmesan cheese, and spices. Make sure your tenders are coated fully for the best flavor.
Then simply decide how to cook them! These low carb chicken tenders can be made in the oven, or an air fryer. You will find all of the specific cooking information in the recipe card below, but each method has its advantages. When cooking in an oven you can cook a large batch at once, which makes things easy, but does take longer.
Alternatively, if you cook in an air fryer the cooking time is a lot faster and they have that great crunchy air fryer texture. The drawback is that you do have to cook them in batches as the air fryer is smaller.
Read Also: How Do I Count Carbs
How To Make Keto Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
- In a small, relatively flat bowl beat the egg.
- In a ziptop bag, mix the almond flour, cheese, salt, pepper, and seasoning.
- Get a paper plate or dinner plate ready.
- Spray your air fryer basket with oil.
- Dip each tender in the egg and place on the plate until all the tenders have been dipped. Don’t try to dip it in the breading or else you’ll have messy hands and clumps in the breading. Just line up the eggy tenders until they’re all ready.
- Now use a fork to pick up one tender at a time. Put that in the zip-top bag and shake that bag like you mean it. Ensure the tenders are well covered in the almond mixture.
- Do NOT dip in egg and breading again. Tried it. it’s incredibly messy and less tasty.
- Use the fork to pull out that tender and place it in your air fryer basket.
- Spray the tenders with oil.
- Cook at 350F for 12 minutes or until the inside registers 160F. Raise temperature to 400F for 3 minutes to brown the crust.
- Serve with Big Mac sauce. You can also find the recipe for the sauce in my Keto Big Mac Salad recipe.
Is Fried Chicken Bad For Keto
If keto is all about eating fat, what’s wrong with frying chicken?? This is a legitimate question. Here are three points to consider:
Read Also: Weight Loss Calorie Calculator Goal
Aids In Wound Healing
Certain populations are at special risk for improper wound healing, including the elderly and those with diabetes. Research has shown that a proper diet is essential for proper wound healing in the body. In particular, protein intake plays a special role.
Certain amino acids are sometimes supplemented to improve wound healing. Different parts of the chicken provide amino acids, including glutamine and methionine, that play a special role in the wound healing process.
Other User Submitted Calorie Info Matching: Breaded Chicken Tenders
Tyson Breaded Chicken Tenders1807g15g15g
- Vitamin A 0.0 %
Tyson Breaded Chicken Tenders 1706g15g15g
- Vitamin A 0.0 %
Breaded Chicken Tenders-Krogers 2pcs.2209g14g19g
- Vitamin A 0.0 %
Panko-Breaded Chicken Tenders 1682g10g25g
- Vitamin A 0.5 %
Breaded Chicken Tenders, 3 Tenders1903g18g21g
- Vitamin A 0.0 %
Breaded Chicken Tenders 2209g14g19g
- Vitamin A 0.0 %
Tyson Breaded Chicken Tenders22013g13g13g
- Vitamin A 0.0 %
Hardees 3 Piece Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders20g0g0g
- Vitamin A 0.0 %
Panko-Breaded Chicken Tenders 1682g10g25g
- Vitamin A 0.5 %
- Calories: 1,079, Fat: 8g, Carbs: 133g, Protein: 77g, Fiber: 6g
Read Also: Calories In Blue Cheese Crumbles
Chicken Fingers Calories And Macronutrients
Chicken tenders are primarily made of breast meat. However, given the additional ingredients, like breadcrumbs, that are also used to make them, chicken tenders end up with many more calories than plain chicken breast.
There can be anywhere from 271 to 302 calories in chicken tenders per 100 gram serving. The difference in your chicken fingers calories can be caused by the fat content of your chicken breast, the type of breadcrumbs used for the crust and the cooking method used.
Deep-fried chicken fingers are likely to have more fat compared to pan-fried versions. Similarly, baked chicken fingers’ calories will be much lower than pan-fried and deep-fried chicken fingers. The Mayo Clinic recommends cooking methods like baking, grilling and roasting over methods like frying, because this minimizes the fat content of your food.
In general, the USDA states that chicken tenders nutrition features 18.1 to 19.2 grams of protein and 14 to 16.6 grams of fat. Out of this fat content, around 2.5 to 2.9 grams come from saturated fat. However, chicken tenders are fortunately rich in healthy unsaturated fats, like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
The American Heart Association recommends consuming unsaturated fats over saturated fats whenever possible. Excess saturated fat consumption can increase your cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
How To Reheat Low Carb Chicken Tenders
Keto Chicken Tenders will be good in the refrigerator for a couple of days, making them perfect for a quick and tasty lunch! To reheat your Chicken Tenders, start by preheating your oven to 450-500 degrees. Wrap your chicken in foil and place onto a baking tray, leaving it out of the refrigerator until the Chicken Tenders reach room temperature.
Once your oven is preheated and the Chicken Tenders are no longer cool, place them into the preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on how many pieces you have and how large they are. Check at regular intervals and remove from the oven when each piece is heated right the way through.
Recommended Reading: How Many Carbs For Low Carb Diet
Helps To Build Muscle Mass
Protein helps your body maintain muscle mass. Chicken provides the important amino acids your body needs to repair tissue so that you keep the muscles that you have. It also helps your body to build muscle when you participate in a strength training program.
Keeping more muscle mass on your body has several advantages. It can help you to maintain a lean, strong appearance. Strong muscles also help you to move through activities of daily living with greater ease. And research shows that losses in muscle mass and strength are directly associated with mortality rates in older people.
Chicken Tenders Nutrition Facts
- 7 to 8 percent of the daily value for potassium
- 7 percent of the DV for magnesium
- 21 to 24 percent of the DV for phosphorus
- 6 percent of the DV for zinc
- 7 to 8 percent of the DV for copper
- 10 to 11 percent of the DV for manganese
- 30 to 36 percent of the DV for selenium
- 8 to 9 percent of the DV for vitamin B1
- 10 to 14 percent of the DV for vitamin B2
- 42 to 51 percent of the DV for vitamin B3
- 25 to 30 percent of the DV for vitamin B5
- 25 to 29 percent of the DV for vitamin B6
- Up to 5 percent of the DV for vitamin B9
- 5 to 7 percent of the DV for vitamin B12
- 8 to 21 percent of the DV for vitamin E
- Up to 7 percent of the DV for vitamin K
Chicken tenders are also likely to have other important nutrients, like choline, lutein and zeaxanthin.
Your chicken tenders may also contain other nutrients if an alternative type of breading was used to make their crust. You can crust your chicken tenders with a mixture of whole-grain breadcrumbs and coconut flour, nuts, sesame seeds and other healthy ingredients to enhance their nutrition.
The Harvard. T.H. Chan School of Public Health recommends consuming whole grains and other fiber-rich foods whenever possible. These foods are considered to be healthier choices compared with refined grains.
Also Check: How Many Carbs In Pepperoni Pizza